Walking Helps You Stay Healthier
Here’s how you may benefit
(HealthDay News) — The American Podiatric Medical Association discusses a great form of exercise that requires no special skill, no membership at the local gym, and no special equipment: walking.
The group says the “anybody-can-do-this” activity offers these benefits:
- Better circulation and a stronger heart and lungs.
- Reduced risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Reduced likelihood of high blood pressure or obesity.
- Improved cholesterol numbers.
- Stronger muscles and better tone in the legs and abdominal area.
- Reduced tension and stress.
- Better management of arthritis pain, and improved prevention of bone decay.