5 Easy Steps to Healthier Eating
Do you want to adopt a healthier diet, but aren’t sure where to start? Taking just 1 or 2 steps each day can make a big difference. Here are a few steps you could start with:
- Don’t skip breakfast. Eat a balanced breakfast every day. Skipping this meal can lead to drops in blood sugar and overeating later in the day. Include fresh fruits, whole grains, and low-fat sources of protein and dairy foods with your breakfast.
- Include fresh produce in every meal. Try to eat at least 1 fruit and 1 vegetable at every meal.
- Eat high fiber foods. They will help fill you up.
- Trade out your soda. Sip water or sparkling water with a splash of fruit juice.
- Minimize take-out fare. Try to limit the number of times you eat out to once per week, and opt for healthy restaurants over junk food restaurants.
The first thing to remember is that you don’t have to change your entire diet to eat better. Think of 1 or 2 steps you would like to try. Then start today!