Bike Your Way to a Better Weight
Have you ever thought about biking as a way to burn calories, drop weight, and get fit? You might want to give it a try. Biking is a great form of aerobic exercise. It works your heart and lungs, as well the major muscles in your body. It can also help you manage your weight and reduce stress.
Plus, biking is low-impact. That means it doesn’t put too much stress on your body. So it may be a good choice if you:
- Are overweight
- Have arthritis
- Have a chronic health issue
- Are recovering from an injury, or
- Can’t move your joints in a full range of motion
Just remember to keep safe when you’re biking outdoors. If you haven’t ridden in a while, take your bike in for a tune-up. And here are some safety tips to follow:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing.
- Ride with, not against, the traffic.
- Use bike lanes whenever possible.
- Obey all traffic lights and road signs.
- Use hand signals when turning or slowing down.