Fiber is a key nutrient. It can help promote healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels. And it can also help you manage your weight. It’s best for women to aim for 25 grams of fiber a day. Men should aim for 38 grams of fiber a day. In order to get the right amount of fiber, try these tips:
• Bake with whole grain flour.
• Snack on air-popped popcorn.
• Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day (1 serving = 1 cup).
• Switch to whole grain breads that have at least 2.5 grams of fiber per slice.
• Enjoy legumes, such as beans, lentils, and peas, at least 3 times a week.
• Eat foods that have at least 3 grams of fiber per serving.