Here’s how to do it:
1. Sit in a sturdy chair. Scoot forward and place your hands on the edge of the chair on either side of you. Place your feet 10 to 12 inches in front of you.
2. Keeping your feet on the floor, push through your palms and lift your body off the chair. Bring your body slightly forward so your weight is resting on your straightened arms.
3. Keeping your shoulders back, slowly lower your body down until your elbows are bent to 90 degrees. Then push through your palms to straighten your elbows.
4. Aim for 3 sets of 10 reps.
5. To make this easier, bend your elbows less or bring your feet closer to your body.
If you have any health issues or haven’t been active in a while, make sure to talk with your doctor before starting any new exercise routine.